psd612 by wasirauhlpsds
don’t redistribute or claim as your own
like or reblog if you download
DL - cl
Someone asked me to explain how to make this. The process is actually quite simple. It just takes some time to plan and do it (though that might just be me and my obsessiveness). It’s just cutting stuff out, so after the cut I briefly describe several ways of doing that. And then placing them on a background. Just several small technical things rather than a long, linear walk-through. I assume you’re familiar with basic things in Photoshop (especially adjustment layers)…
and this is here i’m trying to explain photoshop even though i don’t understand it myself, enjoy?
requested by myavatardis
I have numerous sites saved in my favorites, but I always end up losing one or the other. So I decided to make this masterpost with all sites and blogs where I find themes, photoshop resources, etc.
I'll keep updating it!
- Long sidebar
- Photo Galleries HQ
- Tutorials and other things more for photoshop/tumblr
This is a thank you for hitting
10099 followers. When I started this blog, I never imagined more than a few people who’d follow - I’m not even helpful?! - and the number of people who’ve asked for help privately is seriously surprising. So here’s “my gift” for hitting a benchmark.
Character About Page #001Live Preview // Download
I think it’s fairly easy to use, you just replace the labels with your information, but if you have any questions just ask me. Feel free to edit and changes the colours, just don’t remove the credits.
If anyone is curious, the image I used is from Anne Vyalitsyna’s SALT magazine shoot.
Let’s Play A Game!I thought maybe we could make a little game out of this? So the first 20 people to correctly guess where the quote I use in the live preview is from, can get a fully customized version of this page.
If you’re one of the first 20, I will reply to your message within 12 hours and if you still want a customized version, you have to send me your character blog URL and a link to your bio, image is optional. And basically I will do all the hard work for you. If you want me to find you a colour scheme or you want extra features added, I can also do that (within my limits of CSS).
THEME #07 - SOLDIER
- 4 optional links
- a 120x120px sidebar and sidebar background
- option for faded images
- various customizable colors and font size
Please do not steal or use as a base code, and like/reblog if you’re using!
- Three sections (can add more if user wants to)
- very simple
- small cursor
I got a few people asking me for this theme so here it is yay. Btw ignore the message at the top of the code because I forgot to take it out lol
- 100 x 100 sidebar image
- fixed header with links
- 3 extra links
- hover pagination
TUTORIAL BY PSCS5; How I make my .gifs
NOTE: If you want to have good results so that your .gif looks HQ you need to download the video in HQ: 720p or 1080p.
• KMPlayer: Download
• VDownloader: Download
• Keepvid: WEB (Download video in 720p or 1080p MP4)
I download youtube videos from Keepvid and VDownloader. I download video’s of shows in Google for example “Pretty Little Liars s03e12 720p or 1080p download”
1. Open up your video in KMPlayer:
2. To cap press ctrl + G, this should show up. These are the settings I use:
Press Start whenever you want to start capping and then press Stop to stop capping.
3. Once your done capping your video. Go to Photoshop and go to:
4. A box should show up. Click on BROWSE and look for the folder you choose to put your screen caps in. To select the caps, click on the first cap and then click shift + the last cap. Then once you have your caps press okay. Your caps should start loading.
5. Then once your caps stopped loading:
7. Now crop your .gif to either 500px, 245px, or 160px. Depending on which Photoset style your using. The height could be whatever you please:
8. Now this part usually changes. Depending on the cap and how well it looks like. But this is what I did for all of the .gifs above:
I used Topaz Clean. I used the Cartoon Style and these were my settings:
9. Filter → Sharpen → Smart Sharpen:
If you don’t have Topaz or if you don’t want to use it. I always use Smart Sharpen and my settings for the radius is usually 0.3 or 0.4, everything else stays the same. It depends on how it looks on my .gif.
10. I select all my frames and this is the Time I use for my .gif:
11. File → Save For Web and Devices:
The reason I circled Diffusion is because most of the time I use Pattern as well. And as you can see my .gif is under the limit, 1mb. I have 29 frames in the Justin .gif.
Tips to Keep it under the .gif limit:
• If for any reason it’s past the limit, delete some frames.
• Make the .gif black and white
• Use a simple coloring; doesn’t have to many color layers
• Crop your .gif
And that’s how I make my .gifs! Also you can do this in PSCS6, just follow the same steps. :)
- 500/400px Posts
- Up to 4 190 x 190 Sidebar images with rotation
- 4 Custom Links (Must use all 4 links)
- Photo Fade/Monochrome Images
- Infinite Scroll/Pagination
- Customizable Tag Label
Please leave the credit if you use this theme! Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions.
EDIT: Agh I forgot to upload the code when I posted this. It’s there now, and the link should still work. Send me a message if anything else doesn’t work. Thank you for being so patient with me.
RESOURCE ROUND-UP #1Inspirational Theme of the Moment:
Ninpen’s About Me Page
Promoting Resource Blogs:
House of Buttons
A collection of great UI buttons for inspiration but also links to PSD’s and tutorials.
*If you’re a resource-related blog and want to be promoted here, message us.